The key to the Intersect Fund’s mission is working at the crossroads of campus and community: we provide valuable business services to low-income entrepreneurs through a dedicated staff of student volunteers. Helping our clients succeed in business is our primary goal, but we have noticed a welcome side effect: Students find their work with the Intersect Fund to be enriching and valuable. They say it broadens their horizons and builds on their skills in a way that they expect will yield a valuable return down the road.
In June, we conducted a survey of our staff, and the results were encouraging:
- Student staff members commit a significant amount of time to working with us, devoting an average of 11 hours per week to the Intersect Fund
- Our staff is dedicated to service, with 90% saying they plan to volunteer in the future.
- The Intersect Fund’s value proposition to students is strong: 86% say working with us will help them in their careers.
- Our staff members’ commitment to helping others is strong: 81% say they would consider a career in public service.
- The students who dedicate the most time and effort to the Intersect Fund get a great deal out of it: 52% of our staff say working with us has been one of the most impactful experiences of their lives.